Love/ hate, good/bad, up/down.

Monday 2 March 2015

My favourite things

I love the power of words. That moment when you think of the perfect word to fit the essence of your sentence. A speech that reaches the tip of your spine and resonates with you for a while after. The art of nonverbal communication; arms that flap like a baby bird leaving its mother's nest. Noticing that someone can't contain their smile when approaching a loved one. The look in people's eyes that encapsulates their troubles and innermost desires.When someone makes you feel something, not from their appearance or speech, but from their presence. That moment when conversation is exhausted and all that's left is the echo of silence. I love when language fails to act as a barrier between cultures or age groups. Children who express something that shows wisdom beyond their years; elders who share a story that, in a magical swirl, brings you back to their childhood. I fall in love with people and their zany ways all the time. I adore their breakdowns and their tear-stained cheeks and their wonky smiles. Human communication never fails to fascinate me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment