Love/ hate, good/bad, up/down.

Saturday 14 March 2015

22: a year full of epiphanies

Having recently turned 23, I feel it's time to get deep (yay) and reflect on the pivotal year that has just passed…

1. Mystery is key
It's my nature to be open, but I often found myself regretting sharing too much with new faces, particularly re my mental health. Observing, listening and reflecting instead of mindlessly talking is the way forward. After all, "confidence is silent, insecurities are loud".

2. Never compromise on weirdness 
There aren't enough original people out there. If you have a dose of weirdness, don't at all repress it! I just surround myself with people who celebrate (or at least tolerate) the occasional out there comments, rather than being judgmental.

3. Analyse less, feel more 
Over analysing has been a habit of mine for too long now, but I've gradually become less preoccupied with the thoughts racing through my mind and more in tune with niggling, revealing feelings. 

4.  Nature really can heal 
There's something uplifting, therapeutic even, about a solo walk in the open. Headphones out, wind in hair, I feel energised by the surroundings and often have a few epiphanies along the way too.

5.  … and so can a killer lipstick 
"Can I pull off Mac's 'dark side'?", I considered. Well, why on earth not!? Call the riot police, but wearing a near-black shade to Tesco is about as naughty as it gets in final year. As my grandma's late husband once told her: "Darling, I think you're truly beautiful. But, with a dash of lipstick, you're even more beautiful to me".

6. The world is a magical place
Having become more open-minded, I'm seeing everyday life in a new light. Rather than dismissing certain happenings simply as "cray", I've embraced life's mysteries and come to notice that beyond the crowded, stressed city streets lies untapped magic that is within all of our reach.

~~~


Weirdness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAmHqIGc124

Analysing/ "Becoming something" ~ http://fractalenlightenment.com/33866/life/the-mind-and-its-incessant-need-to-become-something | FractalEnlightenment.com

Magic ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YKa7iWFJsA

No comments:

Post a Comment